We are the makers of casual mobile hit Love & Pies, which globally launched in September 2021 and has now found its way into the hands of millions of players around the world. We’re backed by Supercell, one of the biggest and best in the industry.
We make games for everyone that are snackable yet nourishing — built to fit into your daily life, but with the emotional depth of your favourite TV show. Our team always comes first at Trailmix, and our culture is built on both high performance and high care — we strive to be the best versions of ourselves, but always within an environment based on inclusivity, respect and safety, no matter who you are or where you come from.
Trailmix is looking for an Art Manager to join the team in London. You will work on and lead artists on our award winning game Love & Pies and new titles.
As Art Manager, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring artists on the team, giving feedback and working on their career development. You’ll also develop production pipelines to allow us to build assets quickly, working with outsource teams and artists to set the gold standards, create briefs and give feedback.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help take the art team at Trailmix to the next level, and to turn Love & Pies into a massive hit without sacrificing its incredibly high visual quality.
We believe in small, autonomous and agile teams, making their own decisions — therefore your role will be highly impactful from day one. If you are looking for a role with huge impact, a lack of bureaucracy and the ability to release games quickly and iterate, this is a great opportunity for you.
- As Art Manager you’ll be the line manager for all the artists working on game production at trailmix.
- As you support and coach the artists you’ll Oversee goal setting in quarterly evaluations and yearly salary reviews.
- You’ll set goals during probation periods and ensure new hires have a focused onboarding experience.
- You’ll build on a culture that drives to see our artists grow and develop as you help define career paths and development plans for individuals and the art department as a whole team.
- Lead hiring - Define where the team needs to grow to meet requirements. Responsible for overseeing all department recruitment. Including marketing. Drive hiring events and opportunities to grow the team.
- Keep the art team's standards high and efficient while aligning with scope and schedules.
- Be aware of new pipelines and technology as you evaluate the team's process and product needs.
- Manage and champion artists communication across the studio. This will involve game teams, marketing, outsourcers & Freelancers etc.
- Work with leads and producers to facilitate and lead regular art reviews for internal and external teams.
- Working with leads and producers you’ll drive art team goals and track as we work towards them.
- Devise complementary outsource strategies with the Trailmix art teams and other disciplines.
- Grow our abilities to expand asset production with consistent quality and lean internal resources.
- Oversee and support production scheduling and process between team and outsource partners.
- Bring an analytical mindset to balance quality, cost and time between outsourcing and inhouse resources.
- Support and liaise on P&L and art budgets with production and finance.
- Foster and grow relationships with outsourcers and freelancers.
- Define and continually evaluate production pipelines with producers and leads for content and artist workload.
- Work with producers and studio leads to understand roadmaps and the direction of the business.
- Regularly update senior management on status and progress on resolutions for project issues.
- Actively participate in multi-discipline stakeholder meetings and champion the art requirements/needs
- Help the team grow and meet production demands either internally or with outsourcers Responsible for department structure
- Work across multiple projects at different stages of development Support the Project Art leads and directors to ensure that Art quality is maintained and improved
- Previous experience working as Art manager or equivalent on a successful mobile title
- Prior experience managing artists and providing clear feedback and career development
- An understanding of F2P development principles including data-driven development, User validation and technical constraints.
- The ability to work in a Lean development environment, creating work quickly for release
- A strong understanding of a variety of Art skills with the ability to give direction.
- Be familiar with Unity and the technical constraints/considerations
- Experience working on a live game and able to manage/lead others with strict release deadlines
Trailmix is operating under a hybrid work model - we have 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday & Friday) in person at our studio in Kings X with the remaining 2 days available to work from home.
- Hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Tax advantaged Stock options
- Fully comprehensive Private Medical Care including Dental Care (premiums paid by Trailmix)
- 28 days Holiday (including 3 company holiday days around Christmas)
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Company gifts and swag
- Socials and events
- Inclusive Culture
Trailmix was founded to make a positive impact on our players, our community, and our colleagues. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture, and fostering an environment where people can flourish is our priority. We think it’s vital that players see themselves represented in games, and in Love & Pies we showcase the beautiful diversity of life. Love & Pies represents the people we are and the people we love, and we’re always looking to add more people who want to design games for everyone.