We are the makers of casual mobile hit Love & Pies, which globally launched in September 2021 and has now found its way into the hands of millions of players around the world. We’re backed by Supercell, one of the biggest and best in the industry.
We make games for everyone that are snackable yet nourishing — built to fit into your daily life, but with the emotional depth of your favourite TV show. Our team always comes first at Trailmix, and our culture is built on both high performance and high care — we strive to be the best versions of ourselves, but always within an environment based on inclusivity, respect and safety, no matter who you are or where you come from.
As our Finance Manager you’ll be primarily responsible for running, evaluating and building upon our core accounting processes and reporting. This role is perfect for someone who has the desire to not only to further progress their career as a finance professional but also ensure we’re on the right track when it comes to informing and helping guide the wider company in achieving its growth goals.
The role reports directly into the FD and you’ll be joining a small but highly effective finance team dedicated to delivering ‘financial excellence’ in not only core financial areas but also legal, operations and HR spheres too. Consequently you will be responsible for a broad range of tasks and processes with immense room for development in an award winning studio that’s poised for even more growth and success.
- Ownership of the GL, month end close & management accounts reporting processes including analysis and commentary
- Manage and streamline our external chartered accountants / bookkeepers in the day to day running and posting into our accounting system
- Work closely with our external chartered accountants / bookkeepers to produce yearly statutory accounts, regulatory reporting and corporation tax return
- Work closely with the finance teams of our parent company Supercell Oy in order to provide monthly group reporting and other Supercell Oy group sister companies where needed
- Oversee the completion of recurring key tax compliance deliverables including quarterly VAT returns, P11Ds, PAYE settlements, Japanese Sales Tax, Country by Country reporting and Employer Related Securities
- Track, review and follow up on costs to ensure accurate budgeting of operating expenses
- Ownership of the yearly statutory UK audit and accounts prep to ensure a coordinated, smooth and successful audit
- Work with an outsourced professional services firm to deliver monthly payroll, payslips and PAYE reporting
- Drive efficiencies through evaluating and roll-outing any finance driven tooling and software as required
- Assist in commercial contract generation, review and renewal with a range of business partners and third party contractors
- Run and maintain a number of ERP systems, notably the accounting and HR systems
- Pro-active role in supporting the wider company by working closely with a range of teams and disciplines with a ‘how can I help’ mentality
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Top 10 accountancy graduate, graduate scheme or fast track scheme highly preferred;
- Working understanding of accounting policies and IFRS;
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and is committed to seeing tasks through;
- Adheres to timeframes, manages conflicting priorities, meets deadlines and is reliable;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team;
- Experience in video games industry is an advantage but not required; candidates without video games industry experience should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space and their enthusiasm for creative industries; and
- Can put the fun in ‘Funance’.
Trailmix is currently operating under a hybrid work model - we have 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday & Friday) in person at our brand new studio in Kings X with the remaining 2 days available to work from home.
- Flexible working
- Contributory Pension
- Tax advantaged Stock options
- Fully comprehensive Private Medical Care (premiums paid by Trailmix)
- 28 days Holiday (including 3 company holiday days around Christmas)
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Company gifts and swag
- Socials and events
Trailmix was founded to make a positive impact on our players, our community, and our colleagues. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture, and fostering an environment where people can flourish is our priority. We think it’s vital that players see themselves represented in games, and in Love & Pies we showcase the beautiful diversity of life. Love & Pies represents the people we are and the people we love, and we’re always looking to add more people who want to design games for everyone.