We are the makers of casual mobile hit Love & Pies, which globally launched in September 2021 and has now found its way into the hands of millions of players around the world. We’re backed by Supercell, one of the biggest and best in the industry.
We make games for everyone that are snackable yet nourishing — built to fit into your daily life, but with the emotional depth of your favourite TV show. Our team always comes first at Trailmix, and our culture is built on both high performance and high care — we strive to be the best versions of ourselves, but always within an environment based on inclusivity, respect and safety, no matter who you are or where you come from.
About The Role
A FP&A Manager (or Senior FP&A Manager) to join us on our journey of extraordinary growth. At Trailmix we’re always looking for new insights that result in tangible impacts: impact on our players, our marketing efforts and on our game & portfolio level strategy.
Our “Funance” team works closely with cross discipline leadership to deliver effective business and financial planning. As our FP&A Manager you will report directly to the CFO and combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our existing game Love & Pies, new games in development and studios within the Trailmix group as a whole.
- Own the end to end financial planning cycle by:
- working closely with the CFO, finance team and internal stakeholders on key inputs and assumptions; to,
- manage and maintain complex game model(s), the company forecast, quarterly budgets, quarterly targets and P&L actuals; which,
- generate actionable insights and analysis; that,
- feed into investment plans, help with resource prioritisation and influence commercial decisions; which,
- support our strategic decisions aimed at achieving our company goals.
- Consistently communicate the analysis and narrative of our financial reporting, cost structures, internal & external benchmarking, forecasting and risk to the CFO and other senior leaders (including external stakeholders from Supercell).
- Help support our month end close including owning specific processes where required, reviewing results and inputs for accuracy and reasonableness, feeding back adjustments and ensuring consistency across all areas.
- A qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), 2+ years PQE.
- Experienced with complex modelling and forecasting requirements.
- A confident user of accounting softwares (previous experience with Netsuite and other dashboarding / visualisation tools highly desirable) with high Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Experienced in start ups / scale ups with fast moving products is highly desirable.
- A strong business partner with the ability to build commercial relationships across all levels of a business.
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met, meets deadlines and are reliable.
- Able to communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems.
- Experience in the video games industry is an advantage but not mandatory (candidates without video games industry experience must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space).
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small, but growing, team.
Trailmix is currently operating under a hybrid work model - we have 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday & Friday) in person at our brand new studio in Kings Cross with the remaining 2 days available to work from home.
- Flexible working
- Contributory Pension
- Tax advantaged Stock options
- Fully comprehensive Private Medical Care (premiums paid by Trailmix)
- 28 days Holiday (including 3 company holiday days around Christmas)
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Company gifts and swag
- Socials and events
Trailmix was founded to make a positive impact on our players, our community, and our colleagues. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture, and fostering an environment where people can flourish is our priority. We think it’s vital that players see themselves represented in games, and in Love & Pies we showcase the beautiful diversity of life. Love & Pies represents the people we are and the people we love, and we’re always looking to add more people who want to design games for everyone.