We are the makers of casual mobile hit Love & Pies, which globally launched in September 2021 and has now found its way into the hands of millions of players around the world. We’re backed by Supercell, one of the biggest and best in the industry.
We make games for everyone that are snackable yet nourishing — built to fit into your daily life, but with the emotional depth of your favorite TV show. Our team always comes first at Trailmix, and our culture is built on both high performance and high care — we strive to be the best versions of ourselves, but always within an environment based on inclusivity, respect and safety, no matter who you are or where you come from.
Head of Data
We’re looking for a Head of Data who will join us on the journey of extraordinary growth.
You will be leading our growing Data team and solving challenges across the business, primarily with our Game, UA and Finance teams. You’ll help us make sure data remains an integral part of our strategy; further understand, predict, segment and retain our players; and make sure the team is running smoothly!
- Lead the Data team, determine responsibilities, priorities and areas of focus;
- Own the recruitment, onboarding and personal development for the Data team
- Be the strategic vision holder and a leading voice of the Data team at a company level
- Have a deep understanding of how data & analytics can help drive our game(s) towards even more success and bring that perspective to decision making discussions that feed into our planning and roadmap;
- Manage relationships and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders - including balancing and prioritising Game Team deliverables for the Data Team;
- Continue to develop and own our data ecosystem (infrastructure & tooling) to ensure we are using the right tools to accomplish our objectives;
- Proactively develop and guide the team in developing new analyses, modeling, experiments and data tools to better understand the performance of our games;
- Own and organize the documentation behind our collective Data ‘knowledge base’;
- Further develop and communicate, both internally and externally, the importance of a positive data culture.
- 4+ years experience running data functions,
- Games industry experience is highly desirable
- Ability to mentor and manage data roles, and develop best practices in the team;
- Experience understanding business problems, and ability to match them to the right statistical techniques;
- Great communication skills, to clearly articulate your insights and develop our data culture;
- Experience manipulating data with SQL and R/Python.
Nice to have
- Experience with big datasets and the tools to work with them (eg. GCP/AWS, Hadoop, BigQuery)
- Experience working with dashboarding tools (eg. Tableau, Looker, redash)
- Experience working with install attribution such as Appsflyer or Singular
Trailmix is currently operating under a hybrid work model - we have 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday & Friday) in person at our brand new studio in Kings Cross with the remaining 2 days available to work from home.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible working
- Contributory Pension
- Tax advantaged Stock options
- Fully comprehensive Private Medical Care (premiums paid by Trailmix)
- 28 days Holiday (including 3 company holiday days around Christmas)
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Company gifts and swag
- Socials and events
Trailmix was founded to make a positive impact on our players, our community, and our colleagues. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture, and fostering an environment where people can flourish is our priority. We think it’s vital that players see themselves represented in games, and in Love & Pies we showcase the beautiful diversity of life. Love & Pies represents the people we are and the people we love, and we’re always looking to add more people who want to design games for everyone.